Monday, June 2, 2008

a part of the covenant family

Yesterday we had Jonas baptized. It was such an amazing experience as a parent and a child of God. Our prayer for Jonas is that he will know and accept Christ our Lord as his Savior. Our responsibility as parents to teach Jonas about God's grace and love was made real today. I have always known we wanted to raise our children in a home of believers - but somehow saying it before the church made it so much more alive to me.
We have been blessed with so many friends and family - and we were honored to have so many of them join us and witness our vows before our covenant family. Thank you to everyone who was able to come!

3 comments:

Joc said...

It was so fun to be there, I only wish we'd gotten a picture of the Bryants and Deans together!

Jess said...

I KNOW! Well what a crazy day it was...we can always recreate it sometime! :)

CharlotteB said...

It really was fun being there -- I hope you've rested up from all the activity! Loved seeing the pictures. As we were leaving there was a couple just getting there. . . not sure who they were, but I think I had seen them at your church. I opened my umbrella once I got outside, and I think I may have hit the girl in the face! She said she was OK, but I left feeling awful, and not sure whether or not I had really hurt her! Did someone come in with an injury? I really hope not. :( Hope your week is going OK!