Wednesday, March 19, 2008

The 3 day rule update


Ok - I'm a believer in the 3 day rule. The third night Jonas went to sleep right away in his crib and stayed asleep until it was time for him to eat. Then last night (the 4th night) he slept for 6 and a half hours - missing his middle of the night feeding. I think he looks forward to his bedtime routine and seems to know it is time to go to bed. He has started kicking his feet in the bathtub - getting more confident and enjoying it more. It is so cute! He is such a good baby - he even seems more satisfied and happier during the day. We are looking forward to our first Easter with him!

6 comments:

Joc said...

Yay! Go Jonas.

livinginthemidwest said...

Routine's are so good especially when you can start them this early. Trust me it is all worth the crying...especially when it comes to the sleeping part. Is he close to 3 months now? People always ask how I get my boys to go to sleep so well at night and I'm pretty sure it's because we started at an early age with routine's.

Jess said...

Erin - he is 11 and a half weeks old! He seems to really thrive on the routine. I think you are right - it is worth it. I think we all do better when there is a certain amount of consistency in our lives - routine, things we can count on.

Kelly Jo said...

You will one day be able to write your own book! Congrats on the routine accomplishment!

Collins said...

Good job, Jess! I know it's hard to hear him crying. One thing that isn't hugely comforting, but that I found helpful was that it really was about Roger learning to sort out his emotions and not about me feeling better by getting him(which was me learning and wans't ultimately helpful for either one of us!). Keep up the good work! 6 1/2 hours is amazing!!

CharlotteB said...

Hey! Way to go! I'm impressed with your progress. Sounds like a great book. . . go Mimi! Loved seeing recent pictures too.