Monday, August 4, 2008

The Prophetess Anna and other family members

So my Grandma has gotten herself a job...she just turned 81 last month and loves going to work everyday. What can an 81 year old do? Well, if it is my Grandma...she can work at the Holyland Experience in Orlando, FL and play a character...hence, the Prophetess Anna. She LOVES her job! She has memorized all kinds of lines and stays in character all day. This is a perfect job for her - you see, way back in the olden days, before she met my Grandad, she was training to become a nun! Lucky for me - she married my Grandad instead!
She came over to my dad's house after work all dressed in her Anna garb.Here is Colin enjoying another birthday party. He is starting to get the hang of it by now. He says, "Pesents!" He thoroughly enjoyed everyone singing to him and he kept shouting "Happy!" during the birthday song. He had not, however, gotten the hang of blowing out the candle since he tried to touch the fire. My favorite part was when he stuck his finger in the icing and promptly wiped it on my sister's pants! Oops! :)
Oh, I almost forgot! So we were at my dad's and his fiance's house - which is not exactly baby proofed! See the lovely glass china cabinet behind Colin...the one with all the wine glasses in it...yea...well...imagine a 2 year old climbing into it! Oh my! Now we are talkin' about some good times (and that is only one of many incidences throughout our time there).

0 comments: